Monday 17 February 2014

Free motion patchwork cushion cover








Firstly I sewed together nine 5" squares of Kaffe Fassett fabric and iron on some fusible wadding to the back. I melted some gold angelina fibres to cover the front, then free motion embroidered swirls in black to attach it.
I started the braid by using a cording foot, but actually found it quicker with my standard foot and a zig zag stitch! No plan here, I just kind of scribbled over the top of the cushion!
The back of the cushion cover is an envelope style.
Now I just need somewhere to put it!




10 comments:

  1. That is really lovely, so soft looking, amazing colours, I LOVE Kaffe Fassett fabric ! The free motion embroidery & braid is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thanks, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, and as you know i will definitely be trying free motion sewing as soon as i can get that foot for my machine, loving all the shows Debs, bring us more!! YAY!!! Hugs, Vick xx
    the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
    My YTChannel vixcrafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful how did you melt the Angelina fibres to get them like that please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo what a great cushion! I am going to make some new covers for my sofa cushions and this has given me some ideas. Bought a free motion foot and flower foot after watching your inspirations on c&c. So I might doodle with flower foot instead of angelina fibres.

    ReplyDelete