Thursday, 9 February 2017
Sunday, 5 February 2017
Wednesday, 18 January 2017
Tuesday, 10 January 2017
Thursday, 22 December 2016
Tuesday, 20 December 2016
What a lovely soft cushion cover for your little ones to cuddle up to! When my children were small they would love to snuggle up in cosy fleece, and the fringing on this cushion cover would have been wrapped around their little fingers...
You will need:
· A 14” cushion pad
· Two squares of fleece measuring 22” square
· A heart shaped piece of fleece for the appliqué
1. Whatever size your cushion pad, cut your fabric 8” larger.
2. Mark the centre of the front of the fleece and sew on the heart appliqué.
3. Place both sides of the fleece together, and make 4” deep cuts, ½” wide, all the way around.
Sunday, 11 December 2016
As the nights get colder, snuggle up to this soft fleecy covered hot water bottle! It’s fully lined so you don’t see raw edges on the inside, and would make a perfect present for anybody, young or old. I’ve used fleece not just because of its softness, but because it’s a knitted fabric so has a bit of stretch which helps when you pop the bottle inside.
· Hot water bottle
· Card and pen to make a template
· 24” x 18” outer fleece
· 24” x 18” lining fleece
· Scraps of cotton fabric for the appliqué [I used a template but this could be anything you like, or nothing at all!]
1. Place your hat water bottle on the card, and draw around one half of it, 1.5” larger than the bottle.
2. Fold the card in half, and cut out the shape. This makes the template symmetrical.
3. Cut one piece of outer fleece and one from lining, using the template. Using your free bird template, cut out a couple of bird shapes and a branch from the cotton scraps. Arrange on the outer fleece, a little Stick and Spray for fabric will help keep them in place as you sew.
4. I used a tiny blanket stitch to sew on the appliqué on my machine, but you could sew by hand if you wish.
5. Take your card template and fold over the top by 7”. This is the bottom of the back of the cover, cut one from outer fleece and one from lining.
6. Then fold the bottom of the template up by 6”, this makes the top of the cover. Cut one from outer fleece and one from lining.
7. Take the two top pieces and sew right sides together along the straight side, then do the same with the two bottom pieces. Then fold over so they’re the right sides out. Placed the pocket bottom section on top of the front of the cover, with the lining side facing upwards.
8. Sew about 4” down one side.
9. The top of the cover should overlap the bottom like this..
10. Pin, then sew all they way around the edge, leaving a gap over the 4” section you sewed earlier.
11. Turn through the gap, and hand sew the opening closed and you’re finished! This is the front,
12. And this is the back. Snuggle time!